Your home can have more toxic than outdoors .It is attributed that there are various numbers of factors that helps in getting rid of dust at your home. Such factors include poor air quality, off-gassing from furniture, and even you footwear can also bring in harmful pesticides.
It is important to protect our homes and families thus helping in getting rid of dangerous materials. Keep into account that, the air quality inside your home is very important for your overall health. Surprisingly, chemicals are a great way to eliminate dust particles and de-germ your house. You should also remember to de-germ the following items:
Electronics: Television, computers, DVD players and Stereos tend to collect a lot of dirt. Remember to unplug each appliance before cleaning. You can wipe off the dust by using a soft microfiber cloth.
Kitchen Cabinets: You can use a neutral bristle paint brush to dust off the intricate carvings from the cabinet.
Soft Toys: Take all the soft toys that you have in your house and keep them in one plastic bag. Pour out a cup of baking soda in the plastic bag. Secure the top and shake off the clumps of baking soda. Wipe off the rest of the baking soda with a brush attachment.
Don’t forget your refrigerator: With time, grease and crumbs tend to accumulate underneath your fridge. In fact, it can be turned into a food source for pests and insects. If possible, unplug the appliance and move it out of the wall. Then wipe the floor with hot soapy water.
Your Ceiling fans too: You can dust off your ceiling fans by placing a newspaper beneath it.Switch off the power source, and then use a damp towel to wipe off all the dirt. Use a soft-bristle brush to spruce up.
So, how do I add a little more freshness to my home?
- You can make your home germ free by first opening up your windows, thus allowing air in your home to flow out. If it is regularly done, the process helps to remove mold spores that usually occur in a poorly ventilated space.
The health benefits of plants: You will soon give your leafy green friend a hug, after realizing that it is effective in removing hazardous chemicals from your house. Such chemicals may include benzene, ammonia and formaldehyde. They also eliminate bad odors.
How to improve the air quality in my home?
- The most obvious way is to avoid smoking inside your home. Cigarettes contain poisonous chemicals thus affecting your health as well.
- Also, a lot of fabrics tend to trap different allergens, make sure you clean and dry your clothes appropriately.
- You can also opt to de-germ your house by mixing a solution of vinegar, baking soda and lemon juice. The three ingredients are known for eliminating bacteria while leaving a pleasant scent.
Tip: You can also use baking soda to eliminate stains from coffee and tea cups. Let them soak for five minutes and the stains will magically appear.
- Another effective way to avoid germs at our home is by removing shoes as you enter your house. Even if you just forgot your keys. They can help to reduce manifestation of pesticides.
- Reusable grocery bags: Grocery bags are great for the environment, but they are also taken care off to so as to reduce the dirt. To remove any food bacteria, run the reusable bags through clean water.
- Broom: Your house broom should be clean all through hence reducing the excess dust particles. Swish the broom head around warm and soapy water and take it out to dry.
- On top of things: After completing all the DIY de-germ project in your house, just take a spongy cloth and wipe on top of your kitchen cabinets, doors, fridge, and windows.