The process of plumbing involves three basic laws of nature; pressure, gravity and water seeking its level. Besides, your plumbing system has two separate subsystems thus one system takes waste water out, and the other system brings in fresh water. However, there are more to plumbing than just following the nature’s basic laws and codes. That said everybody must have heard about the ‘conventional wisdom’ and plumbing myths that seem to have been passed from one age group to another.
Are Plumbing myths true?
Many myths have been in existence for several years. There are those that believe that if you swallow a chewing gum, it will stay in your stomach for eight years. That can simply be described as an irony. The following are five common myths about plumbing that you should know.
MYTH: Putting several pieces of lemon in the garbage helps to make it fresh: Yes, lemon might help to eliminate the bad odor and make your kitchen smell fresh.
TRUTH: the actual truth is that lemon has citric acid. The acid tends to corrode with metal components at your disposal. Avoid putting citric fruits such as limes or oranges on your plumbing pipe. The fact is that you should use ice and running tap water that helps to neutralize the bad odors in the drainage channel.
Your home can have more toxic than outdoors .It is attributed that there are various numbers of factors that helps in getting rid of dust at your home. Such factors include poor air quality, off-gassing from furniture, and even you footwear can also bring in harmful pesticides.
It is important to protect our homes and families thus helping in getting rid of dangerous materials. Keep into account that, the air quality inside your home is very important for your overall health. Surprisingly, chemicals are a great way to eliminate dust particles and de-germ your house. You should also remember to de-germ the following items:
Electronics: Television, computers, DVD players and Stereos tend to collect a lot of dirt. Remember to unplug each appliance before cleaning. You can wipe off the dust by using a soft microfiber cloth.
Kitchen Cabinets: You can use a neutral bristle paint brush to dust off the intricate carvings from the cabinet.
Soft Toys: Take all the soft toys that you have in your house and keep them in one plastic bag. Pour out a cup of baking soda in the plastic bag. Secure the top and shake off the clumps of baking soda. Wipe off the rest of the baking soda with a brush attachment.
Letting a home or a part of your property involves a complex series of tasks that pertains to the decision of rental income figure and property marketing. But if you play your cards right, your home will come to reward you. Besides, many landlords tend to give their property to a letting agent. The process gives them hope. They are assured that their legal requirements are compiled and also the rent is collected on time.
In addition to the basic, you should consider the following before renting your property.
- Remember to protect your tenants deposit in a government approved the scheme.
Marketing Your Property
You should keep into account to meet the legalized requirements before renting out your house. For instance, you need to attach the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to any rented property and also while viewing.
Sump pumps are mostly found in basements of our home. They are typically used to eliminate water that accumulates in a collection of sump pump water basin. A combination sump pump has an additional feature; a battery backup sump pumps on top of the primary sump pump. For effective function, the best sump pump combo is a must have in every basement.
There are several reasons why a combo pump is preferable, take a look:
Weather changes: In such events like flash floods may result to excess water that a primary pump cannot hold hence the need for the best sump pump combo.
Power failure: It necessitates the need for a combo sump pump since it has a backup battery.
There are many combo sumps pumps in the market today, and more are coming up due to their increased in demand. Below are some of the best combo pumps that are available in the market.
- It is one of the best pumps on the market.
- It has a motor that is oil filled and thermally protected to protect it from overheating. This feature enhances the durability of the motor.
- It also has a top section design that filters debris, hence minimizing clogging. Due to its thermoplastic construction, it is a corrosion resistant.
- It has a reed float switch that enhances a reliable automatic operation. It goes for $355 in the market.
Submersible sump pumps mostly consist of the best sump pump combination that has unique features. The submersible pump is best suited for reducing the level of water from a sump pit since it is submerged in water. It is meant for continuous operation.
It is considered to be the best sump pump combination when compared to other pumps because;
- It has the highest pumping capacity. It’s pumping capacity ranges from 16 to 83 gallons per minute. It has a horsepower since it is operated by an electric motor. This power further enhances high pumping capacity.
- The construction material used to make this pump comes in a wide variety of durable materials like thermoplastic, stainless steel, bronze, zinc alloy and cast iron. The impellers used to make it, consists of bronze or cast iron that are both durable materials that greatly increase the life span of the submersible pump.
- Submersible sump pumps come with a wide variety of size, from which you can choose depending on the sump pit diameter that you require. It ranges from 9 inches to as wide as 18 inches. This makes it effective since it suits the customer needs.
- They have the longest warranties offered by manufacturers, which ranges from 1 to 5 years. Some manufacturers even offer a lifetime warranty for submersible sump pumps.
- They have the highest variation in price which ranges from $100 to $600 this makes it affordable to all users.
Manufacturers have come up with several submersible sump pumps, giving you a wide range to choose from. The best models include;
Little Giant 505700
- Little Giant is a manufacturer who has been making pumps for the last 80 years.
- This being one of the latest products from the manufacturer, it is simply the best.
- It can be used in basement sumps as well as removal of any other waste water.
- It has a steel color that makes it attractive.
- Has the ¼ horsepower, with a 10-foot chord that enables it to pump water at a very high rate.
- The Little Giant pump can operate in 7 to 10-inch depth of water; hence, it is very efficient.
How do you define the best kind of dirt? Is it the sort that you never allow into your house in the first place? Yes, because it is in its proper place. In fact, you don’t have to clean it up. It is much easier to head off a problem before it takes root since you don’t need to fix after the damage is done. So take a look and read lots of advice on how to stop dirt in its tracks.
Choose the right doormat
When you choose the right doormat, it will reduce the time you spend while cleaning down dirt. The main strategy here is the type and size of doormat you have. Consider choosing a longer mat, since it will be easier for you to walk with both feet before entering your house. An acrylic or a vinyl rubber material is typically the best choice of mat.
Remember to keep the dirt on the mat
Literally, you just need to stop the dirt in your trucks-specifically, on the soles of your shoes. In every entire place of your home, remember to choose use a doormat. Keep in mind that most of the dirt in your home comes from the outside. Surprisingly, the dirt is quite unnoticed on a shoe that’s why they don’t appear as muddy or dirty.
- Don’t forget take your door mats outside and shake them thoroughly. You can also opt vacuum clean regularly.
It might seem like the warm weather is here to stay, but in a while, the cold season is steadily knocking at your door. Before the cold season approaches, you might be intrigued first to set a glimpse on your boiler to make sure that it is effective, and all parts are working as desired. That said to be very sure that all parts are working satisfactorily; you can opt to get any repairs that might be missing for you to be confident enough to face the cold season with the available source of warmth. The following tips will help you on making sure that you are readily prepared with your boiler for this winter season:
The process of Insulation
During the cold seasons, boilers tend to malfunction since the piping area tend to freeze in the process. The impact can lead to more destruction in your home and the boiler as well. In such cases, it is important to take some time and look for the available repairs during the warm season.
Wrap all your home pipes and concentrate more on the pipes that are directly connected to the boiler. The process prevents any pipes from freezing hence helping you to relax as you wait for the cold season to knock.
Turning your boiler on before the cold season
To identify any damage to your boiler; the most effective way is to ignite it before the cold season approaches. As you turn on your heater for the first time, you might be curious in finding what is burning inside the boiler.
The truth is that the boiler might have collected soft dust or cobwebs in the heating system hence it is harmless.
Wait for a while and listen if the boiler is causing some strange noise as it warms your home. Also, if your home is not warming up as desired, it is recommended to call a professional at this point.